Bone Mineral Density (BMD), also known as Bone Density Test detects whether you have osteoporosis (porous bone). This condition takes place when your bone tissues become weak, thin or when they are more likely to break. Without getting a BMD test or without breaking a bone, you wouldn't recognize you are having osteoporosis, also it dose.
- Whole body Bone/ Bone Mineral Density Test.
- LVA (Lateral Vertebral Assessment).
- Body Compositions- shows the most accurate body fat mass, lean mass in whole body.
- Bone quality analysis.
- Post fracture analysis with table DXA for Animal companion required for Veterinary clinic, Medical study
- B-SCOPE - The specific part of body mass analysis required for Orthopedics, Nuclear medicine, Geriatrics, Rehabilitation, Neurology, Plastic surgery.
- L-SCOPE - Analysis for body composition of certain line of interest like CT scan required for Neurology, Geriatrics, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, Medical study.
- FIM(Fat in muscle)is a special function for diagnosis of Sarcopenia. Required for Rehabilitation, Neurology, Physical therapy.
- FRAX - Provides most accurate and detailed report for 10 years probability of fracture.
- GDP - Prediction of children's height.
- VAT- (Visceral adipose fat tissue) analyzer for preventing of metabolic diseases .
- AFF - Provides proper drug holiday for patients are on long-term bisphosphonates .
WHY DO YOU NEED TO PERFORM BMD?
- To identify if the density of your bone as decreased without breaking of it.
- To closely monitor the treatment of osteoporosis.
- To determine fractures or risk of broken bones.
HOW IS A BMD TEST PERFORM?
- If you have a BMD test scheduled, inform the doctor prior about your previous tests or medications. Also, avoid taking any calcium supplements 24 hrs before the test.
- It is performed on a central device, where you lie on a padded platform while a mechanical arm passes over your body.
- The x-ray detects and measures the amount of calcium and mineral in your body. The more amount of mineral, the healthier is your bone.
- Time taken for this test is 10-30 minutes. It is a painless test and involves less radiation as compared to a chest x-ray.
- Bone Mineral Density Test (BMD).
- Bone Mineral Content (BMC).
- Body Mass Index (BMI).
- T-score, Z-score, Area .
- Total body BMD.
- Total body composition (FAT, Lean, BMC).
- HA (Hip Analysis).
- Dual femur, LVA.
Total body composition and various Whole body assessment:
- Infant, Visceral FAT, FRAX, Dual Scan.
- B-Scope (Body-Scope), GDP, AFF.
- Color mapping
- Ergonomic scan.
- Trend report
- DICOM & PACS.